• Notices • Get Involved • Get Connected
Follow Piner High School on Twitter and enable mobile notifications to receive text messages such as reminders for important school events and activities.
• Girls Softball Fundraiser at Mary's Pizza on Marlow Wed 4/22 all day. Bring the flyer!
• Senior Day on the Green - Thursday May 14th during 6th Period, cost $10
• Senior Awards - Thursday May 14th during 4th Period, Parents Welcome
• Senior Breakfast - 1st Period Friday 6/5 followed by Graduation Practice
• Grad Night 2015 Information
Piner News & Announcements
• Special Notice from Principal Bimrose: Parents, please note that pranks to school property
may be considered felonies. Students engaged in defacing school property could ruin graduation choices, and, in turn, impact
their lives after high school. Your support in keeping our campuses free from vandalism is greatly appreciated. Many thanks!
• Piner's 2015 Prom is at Legends at the Bennett Valley Golf Course on Saturday, May 9th from 8:00-11:30 pm.
The theme is "Our Time to Shine," with colors of black, white, and silver. The cost for a ticket with an ASB sticker is $55 and $65 without ASB;
there are no couples tickets. Tickets will be sold beginning at lunch on Wednesday, April 15th in the quad. After Wednesday, April 29th, ticket
prices will jump to $70, whether or not a student has an ASB sticker. There will be a dessert buffet and a photo booth as well as the standard DJ
and prom photographer for prom photo packages. Questions? Email Mrs. Jewell
• Ms. Barcelon has set up a donation site to raise funds for grants to support classroom and training opportunities. Click here to read about the projects and provide support.
• Read the Press Democrat article on Piner Alumni, Ken Rossi. One of the 2015 Piner Hall of Fame Inductees.
• Piner's Health Science & Biotechnology program wins the Jack London Award for Educational Innovation!
Join us at the awards ceremony May 6th at Sonoma State Cooperage at 5 pm.
Instructors Dante DePaola, Judy Barcelon and Mark Mantoani were proud to have students show what they are doing and learning in this 3 year pathway.
• Mr. Mancillas, Mr. Sullivan, Ms. Graves and Mr. Castro took 53 Piner students to San Francisco Art Institute and San Francisco City College to see Diego Rivera's murals that he made back in the 1940's.
• Congratulations to Anthony Villalobos. March PE Student of the Month.
Anthony participated and earned full credit every day of PE for the 3rd quarter except one day which he made up afterschool during
our Wednesday workout session. As a result, he earned a perfect 100% grade for the quarter. Anthony has been working hard all year
on his mile and has improved dramatically over the course of the year. To compliment his excellent attendance, Anthony also carries
himself with a wonderful attitude and his presence in 4th period only adds to the outstanding quality of this class.
Congratulations from Mr. Aubin and the PE department!
• Piner's HOSA team attended the Future Health Professional State Leadership Conference in Sacramento.
The girls competed in CPR event, served on Courtesy Corps, and networked with chapter members from across the state. Ms. Barcelon judged
competitive events in Biomedical Laboratory Techniques and Public Health. They had a great time touring Old Sac and eating Bento Box sushi rolls!
They are geared up to grow our HOSA chapter and invite anyone interested to come to their next meeting Wednesday April 8th at 2:10 pm in Room D1.
Pictured is Pim Khunmom, Daisy Li and Judy Barcelon, HOSA advisor.
• Congratulations to Piner's Connor McKeever. Sonoma County Women's Soccer League invited every art teacher
in the county to develop a new logo for their league. 75 logo's were submitted, 3 were selected and then each of the 400 players got one vote.
It was a three way tie with one team left to vote.....and Piner won! Here is the winning logo:
• Congratulations to the Co-Ed 4X200 team of Itzel Gonzalez, Daisjah Sheperd,Trevor Wofford and Miguel Garcia
for their school record performance (1:43.32) at last night's Twilight Relays in San Rafael. Their efforts broke the old school record of 1:45.01
set in 2011 by Kyra Johnson, Ivy Campbell, Isreal Sanchez and Leonard Carter. Also Congratulations to the Boys Sprint Medley team of Antonio Salath,
Brian Luong, Miguel Garcia and Trevor Wofford for their school record performance (1:40.13). Their efforts broke the old school record of 1:42.13
set in 2005 by Phanat Amphai, Unknown, Ross Teeter and current Piner Football Coach Terrance Bell. The Twilight meet record in the Co-Ed 4X800 set
by Piner in 2012 was broken last night by Bishop O'Dowd and Campolindo. Piner finished fourth for the 3rd fastest time in school history, the team of
Sheena Blackwell, Daisjah Sheperd, Brian Luong and Aidan Carpenter. And finally congratulations to the Girls Spring Medley team of Olivia Potter,
Daisy Garncia, Daisjah Sheperd and Itzel Gonzales for running the 3rd fastest time in school history. Great job Prospectors!
• Check out the latest Early College Magnet Program Newsletter.
• Read about a recent tour by Piner STEM certificate students of Sonoma State University's STEM departments.
• Congratulations to Maria Guzman. PE Student of the Month for February.
Maria's positive attitude and enthusiasm for exercise is contagious. Maria has 100% attendance, 100% daily dress,
100% on tests, 100% on daily participation in her mile runs and activities. Maria is an excellent role model for
all students in PE and is one of the "fittest" freshman girls on campus. "Maria's motivation and early morning
smiles keep me going!" Congratulations from Mrs. Pepper and the PE department
• Spirit Week: Safari Day
• Asian Culture Night.
...more Piner Highlights and Student Testimonials