• Notices • Get Involved • Get Connected
Follow Piner High School on Twitter and enable mobile notifications to receive text messages such as reminders for important school events and activities.
Piner News & Announcements
• Congratulations to Mr. Zalunardo. He is Piner's new Vice Principal. Congratulations to Mr. Mizera on his new position at District Office as Director of Special Education.
• Piner's STEM Program looks back at a productive year.
• Congratulations to Nayeli Becerra, Estefany Abarca, Destiny Martin and Tommy Nguyen. UCLA bound this Fall! Wonderful hearing about all of the successes for our Piner Grads. Go Prospectors!
• Congratulations to the Piner Varsity Boys Track Team for winning the SCL Championship! It was the first pennant since 1994. Check out all of the detail on PDPreps.
• Congratulations Ms. Barcelon!
• Piner Teachers Ms. Barcelon and Mr. Mantoani attend and "out of this world"
STEM conference in New Orleans.
"We have returned from our mission with awesome ideas about STEM journals, new ways to incorporate engineering into all of our activities, some hands on activities
about enzyme use in biofuels, stickleback evolution, genetics of cancer and nanotechnology. We have better ideas how to guide students in independent research projects,
incorporate service learning into our classes and to have access to a Scanning electron microscope at the Beckman Institute in Chicago.
• A sample from the 2014 Piner Art Show. More photos here.
• Check out this article about Piner Teacher, Nick Mancillas, and his current art show.
• Ms. Spearman's AP Language Class (65 in all, our largest group yet) wearing this year's t-shirts, designed by the students, before taking the AP test. This year's shirt reads (front to back), "AP Language has 99 problems, but the Test ain't one"
• The Spring Newsletter is available online.
• Piner High School's SPARQ Center featured in the May 5th North Bay Business Journal article. "Piner High SPARQs STEM Education"
• Piner High School has been accepted into the 21st Century Learning Institute at the Sonoma County Office of Education.
• Check out the latest Early College Magnet Program Newsletter.
• Congratulations to Piner's Kasey Riedmuller, Santa Rosa Teachers' Association Student of the Year for Piner High School. The SRTA
has an award ceremony every year at different schools. This year it was Piner's turn. Each school (high school, middle, and elementary) picks a student to represent
the school. At the ceremony, teachers talk briefly about why the student was chosen.
• Piner's Golf Team featured in April 23rd Press Democrat. Photo credit to The Santa Rosa Press Democrat.
• Piner's World History class exploring the French Revolution in style!.
• Piner's Mathematics Engineering Science Achievement (MESA) class recently welcomed Alan Soule, one of the first owner's of a Tesla Roadster, who gave a presentation to the class about electric vehicles. After his presentation, Mr. Soule allowed the class to check out his Tesla Roadster.
• Congratulations to Piner's Edrei Lopez. Ed is in the Mathematics Engineering Science Achievement (MESA) class and took 3rd place in the Level 3 (Algebra 2/Precalculus) mathematics contest at the Northern California MESA Day in Stockton.
• Piner students selected by their English teachers to receive a free novel on World Book Night. Mrs. Armstrong selected "The Dog Stars" by Peter Heller and Mrs. Walls selected "Same Difference" by Derek Kirk Kim. World Book Night promotes the love of reading and is celebrated every April 23rd.
• Piner's Math Steeplechase Team at the 26th annual Math Steeplechase. The math steeplechase is a competition where students are placed
into multi-school teams to collaborate in nine different problem-solving challenges. Pictured are Nate Kinser, Aidan Carpenter, Zack Alexander, Nicole Greogorio, Meghan Bogges,
Tommy Nguyen, Nayeli Becerra, Shahab Jalali, Jonathan Rosenwrith, and Lauren Lau. Nicole was on a 2nd place team and Aiden was on a 3rd place team. Congratulations to all of the participants.
• Piner High School Health Expo: A day to discuss Health on campus and in the community. These pictures are from the Community Health Expo
where students learned about Safe Dating, Dental Health, Mental Health, and more. We had Planned Parenthood, Al Anon (and our own student tell her story about the effects of
alcohol), Positive Images for self esteem and YWCA introduced students to a program called Coaching Boys into Men.
• Congratulations to Piner Track Athletes Conor Celeri, Sheena Blackwell, and Isiah Roybal.
• KPIX (Channel 5) Morning News featured Piner High School as the "Cool School" of the day on April 17th! Check out their video featuring Mr. Kruger and Piner Students. Congratulations!
• SPARQ Grand Opening ribbon cutting with Mr. Kruger, Prospector Pete & Penny and Piner Students. Congratulations!
• Noel Hernandez named Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce Student of the Month. Congratulations!
• Prom clearance forms are available outside of the business office. All clearance forms are due April 25th.
That gives you 4 WEEKS to get cleared. Please do not wait until the last minute to turn in your forms. The 25th IS THE LAST DAY to turn them in.
Prom tickets go on sale April 14th. Do you want to set up a payment plan for your prom tickets? If you do, see Mrs. Albini in the business office.
• Schools Plus donated $22,000 to Piner High School at the "A Midsummer Night's Dream". The funds are for music, art, and athletics. Thank you Schools Plus!!
• Piner High School held our 4th Annual Career Day today! Great speakers and presentations representing a cross section of industry sectors.
• Thank you to everyone who volunteered at the April 5th PTSA sponsored School Spring beautification including Piner's Environmental Club, ASB, Staff, Family and Friends!
• Scenes from Piner's Spring Play "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
• Piner's Baseball Team hosted a Chili Cookoff at their March 28th game against Elsie Allen.
Dan Peters, Ph.D. presents nationally on many topics related to parenting gifted children.
We are fortunate enough to be able to host him locally this coming Wednesday, March 26, 7:00-8:30pm
at the Rincon Valley Middle School library, for a workshop entitled, "Parenting Your Advanced Learner
for a Successful Life." RVMS is located at 4650 Badger Road, at Middle Rincon, in Santa Rosa. This
presentation is free and open to the public; no registration is needed. Please join us to experience
this engaging speaker! See the attached English Flyer
or Spanish Flyer for more information. Please arrive early to find
parking in the neighborhood, as softball season can fill up the school's parking lot.
• Piner's Asian Club held its annual Culture Night on Friday 3/7.
They showcased live entertainment and provided a sampling of Asian foods.
• Check out the latest STEM newsletter.
• Assembly Member Marc Levine and the Sonoma County Office of Education
invites you to a Common Core Town Hall Thursday February 27th 6:30pm-8pm at Elsie Allen High School.
This is a free community event open to the public. Speakers from the state and local level will be on hand to help members of the community understand
the impacts of Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
• Piner Students, Family, and Friends showing their school spirit at the Piner/Analy SCL playoff game.
...more Piner Highlights and Student Testimonials