• Notices • Get Involved • Get Connected
Follow Piner High School on Twitter and enable mobile notifications to receive text messages such as reminders for important school events and activities.
Piner News & Announcements
• The latest Early College Magnet Program (ECMP) Newsletter is posted. Check it out. LOTS of great information is included.
• Congratulations to Piner's Brandon Zavala, Santa Rosa School Board's Student of the Month!
• Congratulations to Piner Mens Varsity Cross Country Team on their 5th consecutive pennant. SCL Champs for 2014!
• Piner Students at the recent Science Discovery Day.
• Like Piner Counseling's Facebook page to get information on scholarships and other information.
• Have a GMail account? Add the ASB Google calendar to your list of calendars. On the left side under Other Calendars type in "email@example.com" in the 'Add a friend's calendar' box. You can access the calendar and be updated on events going on at the school including: sports, dances, fundraisers and informational nights.
• Read the lastest "Student Testimonial from Class of 2014 Graduate, Chelsea Wood.
• Lots of art happening at Piner. Check out the latest cool creations from Mr. Pedersen's Commercial Art and Design class on their Piner TShirt Club Facebook page. There are photos of a digital photography assignment using Photoshop.
• Join us for the next STEM Cafe Nov 6 at 7pm in the SPARQ Center.
The featured speaker is Michael Van Grouw, Software Architect, Oscilloscope Products Division. The presentation is "How the 86100D Digital Communications
Analyzer is Used to Design and Test the Next Generation of High-Speed Internet Devices". Come learn what it is and play with cool electronic gizmos!
• Piner's Office Staff get into the Halloween Spirit.
• North Bay Business Journal article "Piner observatory seen as a tech-education model"
• Piner Golfer, Sierra Sanchez, shown here with Coach Gregus, is only the 3rd Piner Lady Golfer to qualify for NCS. Congratulations!
• Press Democrat Teen Face - Pim Khunmom.
• Want to know more about Project Graducation? Check out this flyer
• 10,000 Degrees is hosting a series of meetings about college planning on Thursdays starting October 9th for Seniors and Parents/Families of Seniors: College Roadmap to Success (en Espanol)
• Check out the latest Piner High Foundation Newsletter
• Lots of ways for parents to stay involved at school. Piner PTSA (Piner Parent-Teacher-Student Association) supports education and the classroom, Piner Boosters supports athletics, Piner Project Grad, and ELAC supports English Language learning.
• Ms. Michiel's 1st period class shows their school spirit for Homecoming - Pink Out Day.
• Ms. Michiel's 5th period class shows their school spirit for Homecoming - Comfy Cozy Spirit Day.
• State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson stopped in at Piner High School on Friday, part of a statewide tour to recognize schools that emphasize career and technical training on October 3rd. He lauded Piner High School programs. "“I hear great things about the programs here,” Torlakson told a morning gathering of students, local business leaders and officials from Piner, Santa Rosa City Schools and the Sonoma County Office of Education. “You’ve been pioneers.”" Read the full Press Democrat article.
• Congratulations David Chaparro, PE Student of the Month.
• Piner's Music Teacher, Mike Milbrath, bringing music back to Comstock Middle School. "Recognizing the need for band programs at Comstock and Piner, Schools Plus has decided to hold a special drive at its annual October fundraising event with the goal of raising $100,000 for instruments, uniforms and other supplies at both schools." Photo credit: Crista Jeremiason, The Press Democrat.
• Mr. Castro's Advanced Spanish Class showing the fruits of their hard work in the Piner Garden. Thank you!
• Piner's STEM program teams up with Sonoma State University to promote science education. "Piner announced a new partnership with Sonoma State University that will recognize ...students who commit to an intensive science education program by guaranteeing them early consideration for admission to SSU’s science and engineering department. They’ll also earn a certificate at graduation that reflects their specialty in an area of learning known as STEM, which stands for science, technology, engineering and math.". Photo credit = Christopher Chung, Press Democrat.
...more Piner Highlights and Student Testimonials