• Thanks to a grant from last year we finally got a 3D printer. We printed the wrench today. It took about 20 minutes from warm up to finish. 10 years from now a large percentage of households will have one. Very cool. PHS Student Justin Wedel set it all up and printed the first item. He got to take the wrench home.
• The Santa Rosa Press Democrat's latest Teen Face article featured Piner Senior, Brandon Zavala. Photo credit = Christopher Chung, Press Democrat
• Piner Boosters raised $13,000 for Piner Athletics for the 2013-2014 school year. Thank you!
• The latest Early College Magnet Newsletter is now posted.
The Early College Magnet Program (ECMP) is in its 9th year with a total of 285 students
participating in the program this year, and we just keep growing! We now have 86 freshmen
(with more on the waiting list!), 65 sophomores, 65 juniors, and 69 seniors enrolled,
with juniors and seniors taking over 300 units at Santa Rosa Junior College (SRJC) for the
• Congratulations to Piner's Garden Club! Their exhibit placed 3rd at the recent 2014 Heirloom Seed Festival at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds.
• Congratulations to the Piner Varsity Boys XC (Cross Country) team! They won the small school division at the Lagoon Valley Classic Invitational and throughout the team there were a lot of competitive races. Team photos
• Piner Student, Aidan Carpenter, participated in Pepperwood Preserve's Teen Nat Program as a Teen Nat Leader. These photo collages were created by Aidan.
• Lots of ways for parents to stay involved at school. Piner PTSA (Piner Parent-Teacher-Student Association) supports education and the classroom, Piner Boosters supports athletics, Piner Project Grad, and ELAC supports English Language learning.
• Piner's PAC wanted to acknowledge Mrs. Michiels' contributions to Piner. Thank you!
• Check out this year's Senior Wall courtesy of the Class of 2015. Artists: Kiana, Sydney, Madison, Annabell, Natasha, Ashley, Garrett, TJ, Brandon, Crystal, Laken, Sarah, Allie, Brianna, Clayton, Kristen, Laura, and more!
• Kurt Kruger and Sharon Stevens represented Piner High School as Outstanding Educators at the annual Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce Breakfast honoring educators on Friday, August 15, 2014. Mr. Kruger was honored as Co-Winner of Outstanding High School Educator of the year! Read more in the Press Democrat article.
• Piner's STEM Program looks back at a productive year.
• Piner High School was featured as a KPIX Cool School featuring our new Science Center and Observatory.
• Piner High School has been accepted into the 21st Century Learning Institute at the Sonoma County Office of Education.
...more Piner Highlights and Student Testimonials